PANCHAKARMA – THE FIVE ACTIONS FOR HEALTH Pancha in Sanskrit means five, while Karma represents action, therefore Panchakarma indicates a therapeutic approach based on five actions. These are divided into:
- VAMANA – therapeutic vomiting, to eliminate toxins accumulated in the stomach through oral intake. It is particularly suitable for disorders related to the kapha dosha.
- VIRECHANA – To eliminate toxins from the small intestine and liver, using laxatives and purgatives. Mainly linked to imbalances related to the pitta dosha.
- VASTI or BASTI – Removal of waste blocked in the colon through medicated oil enemas or herbal decoctions. Useful for rebalancing the vata dosha.
- NASYA – Nasal cavity cleansing. Medicated oils or ghee are used, or extracts of plants or herbs to be inhaled through the nostrils and expelled through the mouth.
- RAKTA MOKSHANA – Bloodletting. Removal of ama through blood withdrawal.
Although the body is able to process and remove waste materials autonomously, conditions can arise in which the agents that contribute to the homeostasis (balance) of the organism are no longer able to perform their function and toxins accumulate in the body, which in Ayurveda is called “ama”, undigested. Ama can be created both at the physical level, for example, when you eat too much, take in foods that are too heavy, at the wrong times or when you eat in a hurry and with haste, and at the mental level, when you nourish wrong thoughts or negative emotions, such as anger, selfishness, attachment, envy, greed. To restore the spontaneous healing capacity of the entire system, these impurities must be eliminated.
If performed correctly and according to the right indications, Panchakarma is a treatment that helps deeply cleanse the body of toxins and waste products. The benefits are immediate:
- At the macroscopic level, through the purification of the various organs and systems of the body, better functionality is guaranteed;
- At the cellular level, thanks to the cleaning of the membranes, it is possible to accelerate the exchanges and subtle internal processes.
This results in both the enhancement of physiological functions, because the organism enjoys renewed vitality and energy, and of mental activity, with a state of greater clarity and serenity of thought
INITIAL CONSULTATION (45 MIN)
SUBSEQUENT SESSIONS (1 HOUR)